It's time to plan holiday content! What you need to start today. (PODCAST EPISODE 14)Sep 22, 2022
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun. But they can also be a time of stress, especially if you're trying to run a business. In this podcast episode, we'll talk about how to plan your holiday content so that you can relax, make money... and enjoy quality time with those you love.
We'll discuss tips for planning ahead, and we'll give you some ideas for things to post in the lead-up to all of the fall and winter holidays. This is for you, even if your business does not sell traditional gift/holiday items. We're sharing ideas that will help podcasters, course creators, speakers, and world changers plan for a strong 2023 by doing the work right now!
Start with the Basics
Every good piece of social media content starts with strategy, so start by going back to the basics:
Stop chasing shiny objects!
Fourth quarter is not the time to chase shiny objects. Too many content creators and small business owners bail on their plan because they get excited about what everyone else is doing and lose confidence in their plan. They see what the competition is doing, and give up on their own plan to do what everyone else is doing. Be an original. Take the time now to brainstorm and come up with a plan that you can stand behind. Then go ALL IN for the next three months!
Consider what other pressing things are taking place in your audiences' lives
As you plan, think about the concerns people have throughout this season. It goes beyond presents, and celebrations, and personal development. We also have an increase in stress, depression, food insecurity, suicide, financial worries, domestic violence. Can you provide support and resources or make a charitable donation to help?
How can you address the needs of your community while also achieving your business and financial objectives?
Other Notable Fourth Quarter Dates:
- Halloween (October 31)
- National Entrepreneurs Day (November 5)
- Daylight savings time ends (November 6)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving (November 24)
- Black Friday (November 25)
- Small Business Saturday (November 26)
- Cyber Monday (November 28)
- Giving Tuesday (November 29)
- Green Monday (December 13)
- Hanukkah (December 18-26)
- Christmas Eve and Day (December 24-25)
- Kwanzaa (Dec 26-Jan 1)
- New Year’s Eve (December 31)
End of year content ideas:
- "Best of" lists
- Year in review content
- Trends and predictions for the new year
- Holiday gift guides
- Courses: learn a language, learn a skill, start a business, to transform your life
- Personal development: courses and content on mindfulness, meditation, mindset, motivation, conflict resolution, communication skills, stress reduction, goal setting.
- Build demand for products and services you'll sell in the new year
- Holiday / event: fashions, hair styles, shoes, decorating
- Travel: destinations, packing, activities, organizing, prep
- Favorites: holiday movies, sweet treats, savory treats, gifts on a budget, ways to spend time with friends, stocking stuffers for dogs
- Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude. Joy, joy, joy. All year long!
Don't forget your mailing list!
If you have neglected your mailing list, now is the time to warm that thing up! Remind your audience who you are. Let them hear from you again BEFORE you start trying to sell to them! (And if you need help building a list, check out Digital Dreamer podcast episode 11)
A mailing list that has not been neglected is the best way to reach out to your audience throughout the holidays. They know who you are, and they know what to expect from you, making it more likely you'll see sales!
Who Said There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch?
Get strategic marketing tips, social media campaign ideas, video production insights and more delivered to your inbox in our weekly newsletter: Digital Marketing Lunch.
Your info is safe with us! We hate SPAM and will never share your information for any reason.